Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Back To Normal...

The past few days I have felt amazing. I almost feel like I don't have cancer. I am trying to live my life as normal as possible and it is working. I am meeting new friends, hanging out with people, joined a dating site (LOL) and even signed up to go climbing for a cancer fundraiser. This past weekend I went to a zoo in Tacoma, I enjoyed seeing all the animals, even animals I have never seen in person before. After that I grabbed pizza and beer with my mom as an early birthday dinner. This next weekend I plan on going to the Seattle zoo with my favorite people for another birthday outing. Its my 25th birthday so of course I am gonna go wild and go to the zoo TWICE!!! Duh!

Overall I am just happier. Focusing on the good and living life!! Whatever my future holds I don't really know but why worry about it. I am gonna enjoy the now and make plans for the future because if I have a say, I will have a future. I am so excited to do the Climb-A-Thon this weekend. I almost didn't do it thinking that it was not a good idea since I have no immune system. But after a friend persuaded me and my doctor okayed the outing I figured WHAT THE HELL! I have never been rock climbing before and it benefits a young adult cancer group, so why not? Cancer sure is giving me opportunities I never would of known about. Which is interesting. People have to come close to death before they realize whats out there. What fun things are out in the world. Its amazing. 

On a side note my fat cat Olive found a toy she really likes, a lil yellow mouse with a hot pink tail. She takes that thing everywhere with her. Its the cutest thing I have EVER seen. So just picture a 16lb, black, fluffy, thick cat carrying around a little yellow mouse the size of a big grape, like its her baby. If you don't at least smile then slap yourself in the face because you are dead inside. 

Also, I went to a Look Good Feel Better event in Bellevue which was fun. It is an event for women currently undergoing treatment for cancer to learn how to feel better about themselves since we are looking ugly. But I received a butt load of expensive make up for free, learned how to apply it correctly and how to keep it clean. It was a very interesting and educational event. There sure are a lot of cancer perks. I just wanted to post an update about the good stuff for once. :)



“One must simply take the days of their lives as they happen. If you spend time worrying over what is to come, which may or may not happen, then you will only be wasting precious days you will wish in the future you could have cherished a bit longer.” 


1 comment:

  1. Jessica, this is an awesome post!! yes yes yes. and more yes. :) Your upcoming birthday will be so grand. But my dear, this positive and excited fire that has been lit inside you is a thousand times more regal. Hold on to this...

    love you. love your mom. love Fraline (because she lets me hold her). love Olive (at an arms length away, because she will scratch the shit out of my face).

    ReplyDelete