Monday, January 13, 2014

First week after...

Well it has been a week since my first chemo session. It was not as bad as I thought it would be. The day after chemo I felt like my normal self and had a normal day. Then Wednesday I woke up and felt nauseous and not myself but it was bearable. I had my medicine on hand just in case. Most of Wednesday I spent asleep on the couch, medicated. Needless to say I don't remember much and it was not as bad as I thought. Thursday I woke up and felt almost normal. I had a headache most of the day. Friday I woke up and was depressed. I was having shooting pains all throughout my body and just kept thinking it was the cancer and it was pissed off I was trying to fight it so it decided to fight back. We are all allowed bad days and I had my bad day. For the most part I hear I handled chemo pretty well and that this will be how I handle it in the future. I guess time will tell. Side note: My cat REALLY loves heating blankets. Old bitty must love the heat on her old bitty bones. We fight over the heating blanket. 

Anyways, come Saturday I had a headache again but I managed to get up and go to dinner at my friends house. While there I started getting side pain which eventually turned into abdominal pain. My hypochondriac side came out and jumped to the worst conclusions, but since I have cancer I have to jump to the worst conclusions now as a cat scratch could kill me. After a few hours of hoping I just had to fart I realized I didn't just have to fart. I decided to go to the emergency room just in case. They had a theory it could be kidney stones, appendicitis or a twisted ovary. Knowing my luck it was all three. After a vaginal and regular ultrasound and a CT my doctor came in to tell me "sorry we don't know what is causing this." They gave me some pain meds and sent me on my way. Let me tell you I am getting pretty fond of all the pain meds I end up with while in the hospital. Don't worry though, I wont get addicted... After a few days of what feels like REALLY bad cramps I have come to the conclusion it is prob a mix of constipation and a messed up menstrual cycle. I am eating prunes as I type hoping to unclog the chemo filled pipes and feel better. 

On another note my already anemic body has become even more anemic thanks to the cancer. So I have to get Iron infusions along with my chemo. I had that today and it looked like pure vanilla extract being shot into my system. Bottom line with that is my red blood cells are not regenerating? Is that the right term? As my nurse put it, I don't have any iron on back up for when red blood count gets low and needs to create new blood. And if my body cant create new blood I will need a transfusion and that just comes with a whole new set of problems. So please, shoot me full of vanilla extract. 

Today I also went to my first support group. I met a gal who introduced me to all kinds of support groups and activities for young people with cancer. For the most part what I learned today was even though I am sick and can't do much, I should take this time to do whatever I have always wanted to do. No better day than today. I will start yoga. I will start painting again. I will go on adventures and I will do whatever the heck I want to do because I can. It's amazing how positive these people remain after they have gone through so much. It makes me feel silly for being depressed for one day. I have pretty good chances and the good cancer, I shouldn't be looking at this like a death sentence. I have a week until my second chemo, I am going to enjoy it even if my body feels like its giving up. I will keep going. I will keep fighting. 

On another note my dear friend Krystal Day help set up a fundraiser for me. This one is for direct donations to help support me and all my expenses. Click below if you would like to donate. Anything helps and is greatly appreciated. 

Team Kraft Fundraiser






Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished. If you're alive, it isn't.




No comments:

Post a Comment