Tuesday, January 7, 2014

First Chemo...

Yesterday was my first day of chemo. Let me tell you it actually wasn't that bad. I may be speaking to soon but even today I feel normal. I was expecting to feel really tired and sick and unable to do anything. But I feel like I could run a mile! I wont because I am lazy but still. The only issues I had was with one of the anti nausea meds which made my ears itchy and my throat feel tight and scratchy. Doctors said it wasn't an allergic reaction but probably just side effects of the meds. Oh well I'll take that over the worse side effects any day. Over all I was at the hospital for about 7 hours yesterday. There was a lot of talking and explaining, I just wanted to get the meds started and over with. The pre meds made me really tired so I ended up napping for most of it. But when it was over I felt perfectly normal. I came home popped an anti nausea med just in case and went to bed. I woke up feeling fine. 



I don't really have much to say about chemo as it was not that eventful. I did however cut my hair short about a week ago. I don't miss my hair and it wasn't emotional for about 10 inches to be cut off. I was actually excited to try something new. I have had long hair my whole life. After the fact I didn't like the new hair cut. It seemed to old lady ish and not spunky enough. I plan on making it more exciting within the next few days. 

Pics of my new hair.
Before and After

For everything that has happened the last few days I don't really have much to say. My shirt sales have gone amazing. And my coworkers took me out to dinner after work friday kind of as a good bye and good luck type thing. People are definitely surprising me with how kind they can be. 



Until next time kiddos!




"We are the captains of our own ships sailing the sea of life, but in times of a stormy weather, you will discover true friends when they don't hesitate to be a lighthouse."




No comments:

Post a Comment