Thursday, March 6, 2014

Chemo Birthday...

I celebrated my 25th birthday with a nice batch of chemotherapy. I am glad to say I made it to my 25th birthday but sad I couldn't celebrate it normally. I did however enjoy the weekend before my birthday. Saturday I went to the First Descents Climb-A-Thon to raise money for the young adult cancer group. I spent a few hours indoor rock climbing with my pal Brooke and even met a few new young adult cancer survivors. After that adventure me and my pal Brooke hit up a mexican restaurant in Tacoma and had margaritas and nachos. It was DELICIOUS. Me and Brooke got crazy, dancing and singing and chatting. Good times. Sunday I spent the day at the Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle with Katie, David, my mom and my god daughter Claire. That was my official birthday outing and we spent 5 hours walking through a zoo as it was pouring rain. IT WAS A BLAST! It was a good group of people enjoying the weather and fun animals. After that we went and got delicious pizza from Zeeks. It was a great birthday weekend for a cancer patient. I forgot I had cancer and that is nice.

Monday rolled around, my actual day of birth, and I spent the day in the hospital getting pumped with poison. I did bring cookies to the nurses so they got a nice little treat. My best friend brought me spider man balloons and a hand made clutch. I guess I couldn't ask for better people in my life at the moment. I have the best of friends getting me through this and a lot of the time I forget that I have cancer and feel normal for a change. 

I am excited to start living again. I am making new friends and going out and enjoying my time. That makes me so happy and excited for the future, even if that excitement only lasts for a little while. I will take what little victories I can get these days. 

Cheers to more great days!!

On a side note the second round of Fight Like A Crazy Cat Lady shirts went amazing. We met the goal and everyone got the shirts they wanted. Thank you all again for your support. I appreciate all of you. 







No comments:

Post a Comment