Friday, December 27, 2013

Pretty Amazing...

Hello All!
The last few days have been to say the least, pretty amazing. Let me start at where we left off which was on Christmas day. So the following day I had a few appointments and wrapped up all my pre chemo appointments. Those were the easiest of all the tests done so far. I was radioactive for a bit which was fun! Not really, it felt like nothing. I was starving though because the day before (Christmas) I was on a protein only diet and all I had was eggs so all I ate was eggs. Life is miserable without food!!! I love food. So after my appointment I went and got a medium pizza all for myself and sat in Round Table Pizza by myself and chowed down. (My computer is telling me chowed isn't a word. It's trippin.) Anyways it was heaven. 

Today I had my port surgery which went surprisingly well. I was in and out in a matter of hours, it went much better than my bone marrow biopsy thats for sure. Portia is doing well. She is located above my armpit where my bra strap rests which is weird. This next week should be a regular week for me. Back to work and a normal life, then... chemo starts. Bring it. 

Anyways lets talk about the pretty amazing stuff. A friend showed me a website that you can design a Tshirt and then sell them for a fundraiser. I did a survey with friends and family and it went over really well so I decided to do that. The shirts have a personal message, so the people that know me will get a kick out of them. And if strangers wanted to buy one well it's still funny. If you are reading this and want to get one the link and info will be below. I think after the Tshirt fundraiser is done I will set up a regular fundraiser for all those people that don't like witty Tshirts and just want to give money. I am not greedy, I'm thoughtful. 

What has been amazing is all the people that are being extremely supportive of all of this. I just launched the Tshirt website and as I type people are buying up shirts and it is making my heart melt. I knew I had a handful of friends that would support me but when I did my survey of who would buy a shirt I was moved. People actually care. People are not selfish. People like to help. Maybe I am just lucky enough to have such amazing people in my life. Why haven't I realized this sooner? Either way these people have no idea how much I appreciate them. 


Just an update: My amazing Oncologist called me tonight to tell me my bone marrow biopsy came back negative. Which means I am only a stage 3!! WOOT WOOT. 

Want to buy a shirt?

www.tfund.com/TeamKraft















1 comment:

  1. Best of luck to you in your fight against the Hodge. It's a fight I know all too well. Those shirts are amazing! Fellow crazy cat lady here ;)

    www.owlyouneedishope.com (my cancer blog, incase you're interested)

    ReplyDelete